East Africa, Uganda: Katikamu August 14 - 24, 2019
Mission Purpose – To bring compassionate care and the message of the Gospel to the people of East Africa, Uganda: Katikamu
Mission History: The first mission trip to East Africa, Uganda Katikamu was on August 23-Sept. 2, 2018. Overall impact has been positive, we have been able to develop good relationships with local church and government officials. Our future plans included expanding to other areas of need throughout the region.
Local maladies include: Malaria, measles, coughs, hypertension, diabetes, respiratory, skin diseases, and other diseases.
Vaccination: Yellow fever (proof required)
Surgical: This is a non-surgical mission
Types of specialties needed for this mission:
- Family Medicine Providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants (PA's), Nurse Practitioners (NP’s)
- Dentistry: Dentists and Dental Hygienists
- Pharmacists and pharmacy Techs
- Nursing: RN’s and LVN’s
- OR personnel: Scrub and Circulating Nurses or Techs
- Physical Therapist and Chiropractor
- Natural Family Planning Instructors
- Non-medical volunteers