San Salvador, El Salvador: October 21 – 29, 2022
Mission Purpose – To bring compassionate care and the message of the Gospel to the people of San Salvador, El Salvador.
Mission History: The first mission trip to San Salvador, El Salvador was in 2001. To date, HHMM has conducted 18 missions to this region of the world. A total of 610 missionaries have attended to the needs of over 36,869 patients. The team has completed close to 800 surgeries and worked with almost 200 dental patients.
The overall impact has been positive, we have been able to develop good relationships with many people in the region. Our future plans include continuing to work in San Salvador. Our team has been well received by the communities in need. We have the support of the local Catholic Church, and the Health Ministry continues to grant us the necessary permits.
Local Needs – The mission setting is both Urban and rural. Local maladies include: Hypertension, diabetes, respiratory and gastric infections, skin diseases, etc.
Additional Items needed – Medications, wheelchairs, crutches, and other medical equipment. These items are needed to ship two months ahead of the mission.
Vaccination: Routine vaccines, Hepatitis A and Typhoid
Surgical: This is a surgical mission.
Types of specialties needed for this mission:
- Family Medicine Providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants (PA's), Nurse Practitioners (NP’s)
- Surgery: General surgeons
- Anesthesia: Anesthesiologist and CRNA's
- Dentistry: Dentists and Dental Hygienists
- Pharmacists and pharmacy Techs
- Nursing: RN’s and LVN’s
- OR personnel: Scrub and Circulating Nurses or Techs
- Physical Therapist and Chiropractor
- Natural Family Planning Instructors
- Non-medical volunteers