Nicaragua, Leon - Mission Dates: October 3 - 11, 2018
Mission Purpose – To bring compassionate care and the message of the Gospel to the people of Leon, in Nicaragua.
Mission History: The first mission trip to Leon will be in 2018. To date, HHMM’s leadership made the decision to establish a mission in Leon based on the need of the local population and the invitation of local Church leaders. We look forward to a successful mission this year and many years in the to come.
Local Needs: The mission setting is both Urban and rural. Local maladies include Hypertension, diabetes, respiratory and gastric infections, skin diseases, etc.
Recommended Vaccinations: typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, and influenza.
Non-Surgical: This is not a surgical mission.
Types of specialties needed for this mission:
- Family Medicine Providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants (PA's), Nurse Practitioners (NP’s)
- Dentistry: Dentists and Oral Hygienists
- Pharmacists and pharmacy Techs
- Nursing: RN’s and LVN’s
- Physical Therapist and Chiropractor
- Natural Family Planning Instructors
- Non-medical volunteers
- Spanish Translators